As the marketer's role continues to morph at light speed in an attempt to deliver a seamless positive customer experience across all touch points, so does the technology underneath and all the headaches that come with it which include but are not limited to:
- Having a clear customer experience vision.
- Becoming the customer champion responsible for identifying and mapping the euphoric customer journey.
- Working together with technology counterparts to ensure the customer experience vision is mutually understood and the basis for technology success.
- Redesigning teams and breaking down process silos to ensure cross functional collaboration.
- Not owning it outright, but becoming an active stakeholder in the application of each technology within a well designed, integrated platform to achieve your marketing vision.